- Founder – One Up Library
- BA (Hons) Political Science (Delhi University)
- MA Educational Administration (Symbiosis Distant Learning Program)
- Literacy Certification (Teachers Reading & Writing College – Columbia University) (2017-2020)
- Certification in Reading Assessment & Guided Reading (Lesley University) (2017)
- Project Zero (2017) (GSE- Harvard University)
Dalbir Kaur Madan is a bibliophile, profoundly passionate about books, reading, libraries; and a lifelong learner, who believes in continuously soaking oneself in the wealth that books have to offer and finding innovative means to initiate young readers.
A reading specialist, founder of One Up Library, Bookstore & Learning Lab, she feels that 21st-century children need spaces beyond schools that specifically centre around critical reading and thinking, and promote curiosity, collaboration, conversations, and community-building. She curates school libraries as a passion for creating libraries and creating child-friendly spaces.